Tobique Generating Station
The Tobique Narrows Generating Station takes its name from one of the largest tributaries of the upper Saint John River. The station was completed in 1953 and has a capacity of 20 MW. A roadway sits atop the dam serving as a bridge. The station has a fish ladder, a series of steps that allow Atlantic Salmon to swim from the lower level of the dam to the waters of the Tobique and their spawning grounds.