Slave Falls Generating Station

The Slave Falls Generating Station is located on the Winnipeg River and only accessible by rail rom Pointe du Bois. Construction of Slave Falls started in 1928 and lasted 20 years. The first unit went into service in 1931. It was a total capacity of 67 MW. In 1970 the plant was automated allowing it to be operated remotely.