Pine Falls Generating Station
The Pine Falls Generating Station, located on the lower stretch of the Winnipeg River, was constructed in an effort to keep the supply of electricity ahead of growing demand. It was a dynamic time when industry and agriculture in Manitoba were rapidly expanding. Development began in 1949 and was completed in 1952. Pine Falls has six generators and a capacity of 88 MW.