McArthur Generating Station

In 1952, 50 years after the waters of the Winnipeg River were first used for the generation of electricity, construction began on the McArthur GS. It is the smallest and newest of Manitoba Hydro’s six generating stations operating on the Winnipeg River. Its eight turbine generators have a 55 MW capacity and when water conditions are ideal, can produce an average of about 380 million KW hours of electricity per year.