Kelsey Generating Station
The Kelsey GS was the first station to be built on the Nelson River. It was developed between 1957 and 1961 to supply mining and smelting operations in Northern Manitoba. Six years after completion it was linked to the province’s electrical system. Kelsey has a generating capacity of 225 MW and there is potential for additional units to be added in the future.